Mar 10, 2017

Coffee withdrawal symptoms?

Been reading your site for a while and wanted to first thank you for an excellent site! So anyway, here's the question:

I've been having headaches off and on for the past year and noticed that it seems to coincide with days that I don't drink coffee in the morning. I've heard of becoming "addicted" to caffeine, so I decided I should just go ahead and quit for a while. This past week, I cut out coffee and all caffeine-related products from my diet, and have been suffering from pounding headaches every day. Today (six days from my last cup of coffee) is the first day that I don't seem to have a headache. Is this common? And also, any ideas on what will happen if I do have some coffee? Will my system require coffee every day again (at the sake of a pounding headache)? I'm completely clueless on this, and I love coffee, so any advice would be helpful.

— de-caffeinated and hating it

Is decaffeinated coffee safe to drink?

Do you have information regarding decaffeinated coffee and its negative health impact? I have heard that the process used to produce decaffeinated coffee, or the ingredients thereof, do more harm than good.

— Curious

Coffee's got me feeling nauseous — What gives?

Recently, I have noticed that drinking coffee makes me somewhat nauseous. I have never had problems with caffeine before and still don't with caffeinated soft-drinks. The only thing I can think of is that my diet at school tends to consist almost entirely of pizza and Chinese food. Could it be due to a dietary deficiency? What's up?

B-real